Saturday, August 3, 2013

A new home for me?

I must have signed up at the right place at the right time: I was shocked to be offered a brand new apartment in a senior apartment building in the city of Utrecht. I had just signed up for social housing and did not expect a positive response at all. 
Ever since I got the email, I am in a state of confusion, excitement, anxiety and unbelieve. Is it really true? Will I really get an apartment? All signs point in that direction.
My sister and I had a first check of the available apartments last Thursday and we both like them very much. The space is very roomy: a living room and 1 bedroom. The complex is accessible for wheel chairs so the doors are extra wide, no thresholds. After looking at 3 apartments I had to compile a list of my preferences numbered 1 - 10. I want to live as high as possible so my choices were for housing on the 9th through 13th floor. On Tuesday I will get a phone call which apartment they will offer me and on Thursday I can look at that specific apartment again and decide if I want it or not.
The fun part is that I can buy all new stuff because I am starting over again. What color scheme do I want? What style?
With my siblings I have been looking at furniture, washers and dryers, beds, couches and so on.. I am browsing the internet, comparing prices and making and altering my budget.
Can't wait for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment